Dr. Mouser has been in the audiology profession for over 14 years. Since completing her doctoral degree at The University of Florida, Dr. Mouser has experience performing adult and pediatric audiological evaluations utilizing conventional audiometry and visual reinforcement audiometry. She also has an extensive background in providing technical support and assistance to other healthcare providers as well as patients, in the selection, fitting, programming and maintenance of hearing aids. Additional experience includes providing specialty evaluations and services such as OAE, APD evaluations and creating custom hearing protection.
Dr. Mouser remains affiliated with Workplace Integra Inc and has provided a variety of on-site services to clients including but not limited to: review of employee records to determine job relatedness for possible OSHA 300 logging; screening of employees to provide disposition of referrals, if required; and consultations on hearing protection, OSHA record keeping, and company hearing conservation policies.
- Au.D., Doctor of Audiology, University of Florida, 2003
- M.A., Audiology, University of North Carolina at Greensboro, 2001
- B.S., Communication Sciences and Disorders, minor in Communication Studies, University of North Carolina at Greensboro, 1999
- American Speech Language and Hearing Association License
- Certified Course Director, Council for Accreditation in Occupational Hearing Conservation (CAOHC)
- Certified Professional Supervisor of the Audiometric Program: CPS/A
Licensed to Practice in:
- New York
- North Carolina
- South Carolina
- South Dakota
- American Speech Language and Hearing Association Certification
- National Hearing Conservation Association
- National Hearing Conservation Association Program Chair (2015)
- National Hearing Conservation Assoication Scholarship Foundation Secretary (2015)
- National Hearing Conservation Association (NHCA) Issues in Licensure for Occupational Audiologist Task Force Chair (2014)
- National Hearing Conservation Association (NHCA) Program Chair Elect (2014)
- National Hearing Conservation Association (NHCA) Scholarship Foundation Delegate (2013 and 2014)
- "Importance of Fit Testing for Hearing Protection," Mouser, S.E., presentation at the Eastern Carolina Safety and Health School, Inc., 2015, April, New Bern, NC
- “The Who, What, When, Where, Why and How of Fit Testing Hearing Protection Devices,” Ervin, S.E., presentation at the NC Safety Conference, 2014, May, Greensboro, NC.
- “Hearing Protection Fit Testing: How and Why,” Ervin, S.E., presentation at the Charlotte Regional Safety & Health School, 2014, April, Charlotte, NC.
- “Hearing Protection Fit Testing: How and Why,” Ervin, S.E., presentation at the ASSE Western Carolina Safety School Conference, 2014, April, Hickory, NC.
- “Fit Test Systems for Hearing Protection Devices,” presentation at the VPPA Regional Conference, 2014, March, Asheville, NC.
- “Licensing and Ethical Issues Regarding Telepractice,” Ervin, S.E., presentation at the National Hearing Conservation Association Conference, 2014, February, Las Vegas, NV.
- “Hearing Protection Fit Testing: How and Why,” Ervin, S.E., Hager, L., Michael, K., Murphy, W. and Schultz, T. presentation at the National Safety Conference, 2013, September, Chicago, IL.
- "Hearing Protection Device (HPD) Field Attenuation Estimation Systems (FAES) also known as Earplug Fit Testing." Ervin, S.E., presentation at the American Industrial Hygiene Association (AIHA), 2013, April, Birmingham, AL (Alabama Chapter)
- "Importance of Fit Testing for Hearing Protection." Ervin, S.E., presentation at the North Carolina Association of Local Governmental Employee Safety Officials (NCALGESO) Conference, 2012, November, Asheville, NC.
- "Fit Testing and Hearing Protection." Ervin, S.E., presentation at the South Carolina State Association of Occupational Health Nurses Conference (SCSAOHN), 2012, October, Rock Hill, SC.
- Assessment Tools: Introduction to the Anatomy and Physiology of the Auditory System
- Assessment Tools: Introduction and Practical Use of Tympanometry Measurements in a Hearing Conservation Program
- Assessment Tools: Introduction and Practical Use of Otoacoustic Emissions in Hearing Conservation Programs
- Meniere's disease: identifying classic symptoms and current treatments. Ervin SE., AAOHN J. 2004 Apr;52(4):156-8.